Monday, March 19, 2012

Date Night

It's three weeks since my wife had surgery. She's feeling better and starting to get really bored with staying home and not being able to do much. Also, since I've started tracking her cycles, I knew that she would be approaching ovulation this weekend. A local nightclub had a big costume party Saturday night, and that seemed like a perfect opportunity.

Given the circumstances, this couldn't be a surprise date. For one thing, I had to make sure we both had appropriate attire. Between scrounging in the closet and a quick trip to that tacky mall "gifts" store, we ended up looking pretty good. She was in "sexy schoolgirl" mode, and I was in black leather.

I made sure we both got a good nap Saturday afternoon. We went out for an early supper at one of her favorite neighborhood restaurants, then went home to change. By the time we arrived at the club the party was going strong.

I used all of the stuff I've learned from the manosphere: I paid attention to my posture, making full use of every inch of my 6'1". When we entered, I took my wife's hand and led her to the center of the room. I approached interesting-looking strangers and initiated conversations. I made eye contact, and held it. I kept a totally dominant frame. I even remembered to hold my drink at waist level, like James Bond.


There were some really attractive people of both sexes there, but I pointed out to the wife that she was one of the hottest women in the place. She responded that I was one of the best looking men there, too... and this time, I believed it. I've done a lot of work getting in shape and it's starting to show.

In the past, we would have been on the sidelines, talking only to each other. But now, I made sure that we mingled. We chatted with other couples. She enjoyed the attention she got from the men, and I made sure she noticed the attention I was getting from the women. 

We had a great time, and when we got home it was well after 1:00 AM. By that time, of course, we were both really tired. And the wife was really sore, she said her surgical incisions felt like they were burning. So I made sure she took her pain medication, and put her to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up before she did. I walked the dogs, made coffee, and had breakfast ready when she got out of bed. I asked how she was feeling. "I feel great," she said. "I slept like a rock, nothing hurts right now, and I'm full of energy."

"That's good," I said.

"It sure is," she replied, "because we have some unfinished business to take care of."

Uh... what?

"I haven't properly thanked you for our date last night. Finish your eggs and take me back to bed."

The dog finished my eggs.

Later, we went for a walk. I should mention at this point that I've shown her Athol's blog, and the Red Pill Room. When I "run game" on her, she knows exactly what I am doing... and it still works.

She said "I want to thank you."

For what?

"For all the stuff you've been doing. For reminding me of why I fell in love with you in the first place."

I have to pass her thanks along. I couldn't have done it by myself. So thank you, Athol Kay. Thank you, Ian Ironwood. I even have to thank Heartiste... his game is different from married game, but I used pieces of it at the club Saturday night and it impressed the hell out of my wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment